AOR DV1

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

AOR DV1

Postby benqprready » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:17 am

Hi,

As posted in my previous post i have two/ three frequencies on one band 453.550 Network rail frequency, i am trying to use the ctcss and DCS function on analogue i am getting the Tone number but on digital i am not getting any code. Could someone help me how to set it up so below what should i have set.

SQL
CTCSS
DCS
V. SCR

if anyone could help i been trying for hours to do this also read the manual but its not making any sense.
benqprready
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: AOR DV1

Postby Metradio » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:36 pm

If you are getting a CTCSS tone code but not getting a Digital code...
Edit the Squelch Setting page as shown:
Image
Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
User avatar
Metradio
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:53 pm
Location: Box 500, Slough, Berkshire

Re: AOR DV1

Postby benqprready » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Metradio wrote:If you are getting a CTCSS tone code but not getting a Digital code...
Edit the Squelch Setting page as shown:
Image
Mike

Thanks for that it' just i am not getting any tones for CTCSS or Digital code the it ddoesn'tseem to be picking anything up at all iIdone a software update before iIcame to work so maybe this will sort it. I'm not sure if i am setting it up ccorrectly for the first steps.
benqprready
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: AOR DV1

Postby Metradio » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:05 pm

You seem to be rather lost :-(
On analogue Network Rail frequencies if they are using guard tones so as to allow more than one group of users in the same area to operate independently, they will either use CTCSS or DCS, not usualy both..
If you have discovered a CTCSS Tone in use, enter the information I wrote earlier in the places shown, that way you will only hear the user with the tone you have selected..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
User avatar
Metradio
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:53 pm
Location: Box 500, Slough, Berkshire

Re: AOR DV1

Postby benqprready » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:30 am

Metradio wrote:You seem to be rather lost :-(
On analogue Network Rail frequencies if they are using guard tones so as to allow more than one group of users in the same area to operate independently, they will either use CTCSS or DCS, not usualy both..
If you have discovered a CTCSS Tone in use, enter the information I wrote earlier in the places shown, that way you will only hear the user with the tone you have selected..

Mike

Hey thanks yes your right I'm very confused I understand what you are saying but where do I find the tone to put in there as everything iI'm doing its not showing anything all its giving me is the dmr colour code.
benqprready
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: AOR DV1

Postby Im_Listening » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:43 am

If your getting the colour code it's digital and not analogue so there will not be a ctcss tone. For a specific dmr user you need slot, colour code and talkgroup info.
Whistler WS1098
Motorola SL4000
CS701 VHF DMR
Bumfu@k UV-5
Some old random toot
Im_Listening
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Re: AOR DV1

Postby Metradio » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:07 am

benqprready wrote:....i have two/ three frequencies on one band 453.550 Network rail frequency, i am trying to use the ctcss and DCS function on analogue i am getting the Tone number.....


Can you tell us EXACTLY what you are getting - Tone number etc?
Also what mode are you receiving in - FM, DMR ?

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
User avatar
Metradio
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:53 pm
Location: Box 500, Slough, Berkshire

Re: AOR DV1

Postby benqprready » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Metradio wrote:
benqprready wrote:....i have two/ three frequencies on one band 453.550 Network rail frequency, i am trying to use the ctcss and DCS function on analogue i am getting the Tone number.....


Can you tell us EXACTLY what you are getting - Tone number etc?
Also what mode are you receiving in - FM, DMR ?

Mike


Okay what i do i put the radio on 453.550 which is network rail DMR, I press F1 and press 2 which is SQL i turn in to DCS then go back to the main screen no tones are showing so what I need to know in order for me to get the tone whatt settings in the SQL (tone) function do I put my radio on iI'm quite new to this.
benqprready
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: AOR DV1

Postby Metradio » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:13 pm

OK, CTCSS and DCS are only used for analogue signals - not DMR..
If the signal you are receiving is DMR, select the mode "DMR", then when receiving a DMR unencrypted signal the Colour Code should be displayed on the right of the screen and the speech audio should be heard through the speaker..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
User avatar
Metradio
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:53 pm
Location: Box 500, Slough, Berkshire

Re: AOR DV1

Postby benqprready » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Metradio wrote:OK, CTCSS and DCS are only used for analogue signals - not DMR..
If the signal you are receiving is DMR, select the mode "DMR", then when receiving a DMR unencrypted signal the Colour Code should be displayed on the right of the screen and the speech audio should be heard through the speaker..

Mike

Okay thanks for all your help so I'm guessing that if i only want to hear one DMR frequency for instance one with colour code i should enter the code in the settings where the slot is also.
benqprready
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Next

Return to DMR & Digital Modes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nikon Neil and 2 guests