colour code dmr

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Re: colour code dmr

Postby Metradio » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:46 pm

Some years ago I ran a fairly busy group on monitoring the Met Police's then Metradio UHF trunked systen, it was a private group with about 400 members. Most of the information on cell sites, frequencies etc was common knowledge, but some details were not published, as it was felt that we (original core members) did not want it turning into a plug and play hobby, so we were helpful providing information but put new members through some hoops to see if they were serious hobbiests or chancers.. Events proved us us right, at one time we were inundated with requests for the programming contents (Code Plug) for a Uniden BC245XLT handi trunk tracker on the Metradio system, turned out the requests were coming from certain Millwall football supporters who were having there own little war with the Met Police...
Then of course there was the BC245XLT found on the Millennium Dome Diamond robbers that was programmed with info from the group, not that it did them a lot of good..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby moj » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:59 am

Metradio is completely right , its not about hams trying to start a competition or that we think we are above other members at all or anything like that cause we appreciate and respect anything that adds to the hobby but the way its going most of dmr will be encrypted soon and useless to this forum due to idiots etc .
The mods told us they also wanted to keep digital detail's under wraps but were happy for us to post the frequency's so that genuine users could delve deeper and do the rest of the work themselves and appreciate when they found something new and we agreed with that system on here.

by not posting all the details it made it that bit harder for non hobbyist to cause problems for the exact reasons we are talking about on here .

this has just got seriously out of hand and again its not being paranoid its us trying to stick by the rules we agreed on and keeping users safe so they don't get tampered with by some idiot whos bought a tyt off ebay just to be a pratt and keeping the forum open .

The only way this is going to be sorted out now is by kim and tony who are the forum mod's to come on here and actually posting the rules that they want us to stick by and clarifying exactly what they are to all members on here and bringing a banning system to anyone who doesn't follow there forum rules what they designate etc .
moj

Postby G4RMT » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:23 am

Why do some people always take the hump - and worse blame hams? What has any of this got to do with anyone having another branch of a hobby - now that is real paranoia! Duck, here comes a ham with his (totally invisible) out of this world powers, and of course chip on shoulder?

I'm a ham - have been since 1980, and the morse code bit too - I have spoken to the 'world', legally, once in the past two years, and for twenty years before that, not at all.

Frankly, I'm fed up with being portrayed as some kind of arrogant idiot. I'm not.

As I said - the experience of this forum, from when I joined was to let me know that some things are not on. I have followed that advice. Others don't like it and object. Well, object to the people in charge, not the people they have asked to not do it.

Have a pop at the right people, and not people like me who took out a license years ago, when you also needed a dog license - which I had too!

Judge people on what they do and say - that is fine, but only a fool judges an entire group by actions of individuals. This is rather sad.
G4RMT

Postby scoobydoo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:06 am

Having worked in the security industry many years ago , licenced Ham since 1984, Marine Licence Holder, I feel people should respect the fact that encoded transmissions are there for a reason. If you find an interesting frequency and can decode it all well and good but you also have to understand that some transmissions are private for a good reason.
Think of it another way would you want the world listening to your Private mobile phone calls - they are after all just radio transmissions.
Know more than I can disclose.
scoobydoo

Postby Metradio » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:16 am

Bottom line is... We don't want DMR/P25/NXDN etc. system owners and users to get paranoid about outsiders monitoring or using their system..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby yupiteru » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:26 pm

Minus1 wrote:Too much paranoia here, and too many people who think they have the right to tell other people what to do.
Some of are just here to share information with fellow enthusiasts.
Radio Amateurs may have a distorted view, because this is not a competition.

I agree, its just a radio ham power thing. Have met loads over the years and they are all the same. They just want to keep the info within their own little clique (because they are special).

Luckily other radio sites are more sensible in their approach to the hobby and not controlled by a bunch of megalomaniacs.
yupiteru

Postby Chris P » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:39 pm

I find this thread becoming offensive, not all hams are power mad megalomaniacs and want to control others although as in many online forums there are those with an "holier than thou " attitude and there are cliques to be found in all aspects of hobby enthusiasts pages and societies I recently came across self appointed experts both on aircraft enthusiast and rail forums , who criticise anyone who does not share their in-depth knowledge of the subject being discussed .

We all have a right to an opinion and sometimes its better to keep it to ourselves rather than slag others off. Some of the "slaggers" targets may have a better understanding of the facts than they( the slaggers) realise and they only show their ignorance by making generalisations . The philosophy of the lyrics to "child of the Universe" also known as Desiderata may have some relevance here
Regards Chris aka G8FFF nipper or tazmin88
Chris P

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:56 pm

It's not about "holier than thou" and hams thinking they are above the rest!
My first and foremost hobby is plane spotting and radio scanning - getting an amateur licence came as a result of this.
Having learnt more about radio through being an amateur has given me more knowledge into the pros and cons of radio as well as the dangers of the hobbies.
Maybe others mistake the so called "thinking they are above the rest" for a person in a hobby that has given them more knowledge of the dangers.
I know none of you - for all know you could get a rush from causing havoc on the radio - why should I risk being a part of that?
Being near an airport, I even occasionally heard of idiots interfering on air band which could put hundreds of lives at risk.
And some may put airports in a different class, but then shop watch - you could be helping out criminals - where do you draw the line?
If one wants info - keep it off a public forum - thee are other methods to share info but then also be wary of who you share this info with.
It could be an employee of Ofcom, the MoD, the Met to name a few.
CW-2E0UCW

Postby scoobydoo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:27 pm

further to my previous post, I may be a ham, but having worked with aviation security, and radio equipment for Search and Rescue agencies, I am not against people sharing frequencies but believe Airports, the emergency services and Government departments have a right to keep their encrypted stuff encrypted not available for everyone to hear.
If it offends people and they feel I am being a stuffy old fart so be it, I shall no longer be a part of this community and keep all my frequencies to my self plus how I am able to listen to stuff others cant.
Know more than I can disclose.
scoobydoo

Postby Chris P » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:48 pm

It would appear I too am a stuffy old fart as I agree with Scoobydoo , if I told you what I know I could also get arrested having signed the OSA several times and don't ask ,I wont tell you in what capacity .

Commercial users of the radio spectrum have good reasons for the information in their transmissions to remain private as well as government agencies and also the right to use the frequencies allocated to them without interference
Regards Chris aka G8FFF nipper or tazmin88
Chris P

PreviousNext

Return to DMR & Digital Modes