colour code dmr

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Re: colour code dmr

Postby bigboyblue » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:05 pm

Dealers should stop being so lazy and get their act together then.

RAS is there to stop rogue radios tx'ing onto digital systems. Some people are simply too lazy to implement it though.

Basic encryption stops the casual listener, doesn't cost anything, and makes people simply think they cant listen to the transmission.

Combine the both, and you have a fairly robust system.

Every single system we have ever deployed has been both ras enabled, and basic or enhanced privacy. And yes, the client is given these details, so they can, if we ever stop servicing their system, go somewhere else with the knowledge that they aren't locked into us.

The colour code is 1-16. Its not difficult for people to brute force hack it. In fact when we get faced with arsey suppliers, we do exactly that to get into the systems on behalf of the customers.
bigboyblue

Postby brian-w » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:46 pm

bigboyblue wrote:...........Basic encryption stops the casual listener, doesn't cost anything, and makes people simply think they cant listen to the transmission. ...................

Which could well happen on a wider basis than it currently is, should the dealers etc want to protect their systems from us because there are some here who want to openly publish access details.

With analogue systems there was little protection from the eavesdroppers. Digital technology has changed that and we can be prevented from indulging in the digital side of our hobby at the flick of a switch if the services wish to do so.

Ok, so other sites may well publish full info, that's down to the site owner, but on here, by gentleman's agreement, we do not. If non-disclosure here helps preserve our forays into the digital world that little bit longer, then I'm all for it.
brian-w

Postby stanogs68 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:13 pm

i agree keep it to only people you trust or you will push people to pay more to keep things secret ,the thing is there will allways some clever guy breaking into your securyity (i mean honest no harm done ,fun for scanners )but you need to keep things between decent ,genuine people ,like me has anyone got any for warrington ,haha :happy: :happy:
stanogs68

Postby Minus1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:45 am

Meanwhile, in the US, some police departments are keeping a grip on reality:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ption.html
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby stanogs68 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:28 pm

fair play,i mean any police operations that need security they will us it ,but is it such a problem hearing mostly boring stuff !! if there safety is invovled
:happy: :happy:
stanogs68

Postby greg » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:01 pm

I have a beofeng dm5-r plus and am trying to work out the colour code and talk group and frequency for st austell shopwatch in cornwall I like listening to them and I work in a shop

could anyone help me please

many thanks

greg
greg

Postby Minus1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:32 pm

OFCOM Spectrim Information System
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/infor ... ion-portal
shows 456.45 and 456.575
It doesn't give any colour codes nor talk-groups.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Previous

Return to DMR & Digital Modes