ailunce hd dmr radio

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

ailunce hd dmr radio

Postby warlock01 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi all, just seen what looks like a interesting dual band dmr radio on u-tube the ailunce hd 1. made by or marketed by retevis, the software and firmware, can be found on www.retivis.com resources-centre. one of the u-tube video's makes mention of the fact that the radio is missing some functions, and that can corrected by updating the firmware, on the retivis site there is firmware versions 1.2.8 and 1.2.9... not sure what this updates do though . just wondering if anybody on this forum has one of the radio's or is planning to get one...regards
warlock01

Re: ailunce hd dmr radio

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:20 pm

The Chinese manufacturer setup is rather bizarre - Retevis, Ailuance, TYT, Hytera and a few more all made on the same line. If you buy enough of them, you can have any name on the radio and manual. Then to add confusion, releasing the same radios under TYT and Retevis and now a cheaper radio under Ailuance but they have taken a step back.

Anyway, back to the original question - have not got one and due to the various reported issues, I'd rather not or at least until the radio has all the basic functionality. I had a GD77 and after that, I'd rather pay more for something that does the job better than go for a budget radio that could lead to more stress and grey hair especially the ease of programming.
CW-2E0UCW

Postby warlock01 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:18 pm

hi ,thank you for your reply, yes i will wait and see what will happen, i have tyt and mototrbo dmr radio's, and the funny thing was i looked at two on e-bay a couple of days ago and saw two sellers selling them , but today i cannot find them again, poss been removed because they not on proper sale to the public right now, the u-tube video sugested that it was a prototype and hams was invited to have them for evaluation purposes...
warlock01

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 pm

I've had Hytera then went onto Motorola, TYT/Retevis and Radioditty.

I found the Motorola's decent until the import/export function became available for TYT/Retevis now they are the easiest to program using a csv file.

The GD77 was more of a nightmare which I didn't have time for so I got rid of it.
CW-2E0UCW

Postby Sid » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:13 pm

I've just ordered the Ailunce HD1 and should have it in a few days.
Most reviews I've seen have been favourable?

I like it as it's:
UHF
VHF
DMR
FM Radio
VFO
Can be programmed on the fly.
Appears to have good manufacturer support.

Appears to do everything?
Time will tell I suppose.
Sid

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:26 pm

Ailunce is in the TYT/Retevis stable. The TYT / Retevis dual bands do fairly the same as the HD1.
CW-2E0UCW

Postby Sid » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:21 pm

CW-2E0UCW wrote:Ailunce is in the TYT/Retevis stable. The TYT / Retevis dual bands do fairly the same as the HD1.

Yeh, I realise that, but I like the aesthetics / build of this one.
Still not received it as deliveries were all delayed due to the snow etc.
Apparently it's due tmrw? - we'll see.

I'll let you all know what it's like once in the hand and fiddled with.... :wink:
Sid

Return to DMR & Digital Modes