encryption and security

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Re: encryption and security

Postby ilikeradios » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:44 am

greg wrote:I am still having trouble listening to digital frequency I thing the radio frequencies are encrypted I have scanned thought my radio and it said it can listen to encryption

What radio are you using?.as far as I know non of the usual suspects will get past encryption,in fact, the spec sheet for the AOR DV1 and the Whistler scanners specifically say will not decode encrypted channels.
ilikeradios

Postby dwabbit » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:26 am

if you are using a dmr handheld you need to put in offsets. i found this on another forum

If you program a DMR radio with the same RX and TX frequencies, it will default to decoding simplex or 'direct' communications (often referred to as Direct Mode'). If you set different RX and TX frequencies, it defaults to Repeater Mode. Direct Mode cannot decode a repeater signal, and Repeater Mode cannot decode a Direct Mode signal. Its the same for all DMR radios. Note you can't use Direct Mode to decode the input/uplink side of a Repeater setup, nor a system that operates with RAS.
dwabbit

Postby bigboyblue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:54 pm

dwabbit wrote:if you are using a dmr handheld you need to put in offsets. i found this on another forum

If you program a DMR radio with the same RX and TX frequencies, it will default to decoding simplex or 'direct' communications (often referred to as Direct Mode'). If you set different RX and TX frequencies, it defaults to Repeater Mode. Direct Mode cannot decode a repeater signal, and Repeater Mode cannot decode a Direct Mode signal. Its the same for all DMR radios. Note you can't use Direct Mode to decode the input/uplink side of a Repeater setup, nor a system that operates with RAS.

And 'proper' radios like motorol mototrbo radios don't require offset to be put in at all, as you will only get allocated a 12.5 spacing anyway.
bigboyblue

Postby Metradio » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:34 pm

bigboyblue wrote:.....And 'proper' radios like motorol mototrbo radios don't require offset to be put in at all, as you will only get allocated a 12.5 spacing anyway.

I think 'dwabbit' was pointing out that Offset means a difference between the TX and RX frequencies, if there is a difference a radio will be in repeater mode, if no difference it will be in simplex or direct mode..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Previous

Return to DMR & Digital Modes