SDR# with DSD+ decode issue

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

SDR# with DSD+ decode issue

Postby jamieblatant » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Can any one suggest what’s occouring with my DSD+ ,

I was super chuffed to get it all up and running from scratch then when I finally got it working I got this coming through when receiving the transmission

I am not sure if it’s the signal or that fact it could be encrypted

Thanks

Image direct link https://ibb.co/86bKV55
jamieblatant

Re: SDR# with DSD+ decode issue

Postby jimh » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 pm

The large number of errors suggests its a weak signal: try improving the signal reception or re-tune to a stronger signal to test your setup is correct.
jimh

Postby dwabbit » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:02 pm

if using a dongle try using the FMP software that comes with DSD. its a simple tuner interface. uses less overheads than sdr# i find i get better decodes
dwabbit

Postby jamieblatant » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks chaps

I was receiving the signal in my scanner and it sounded pretty solid so maybe I’ll try going a boy closer of this I think might suggest I have the signal / volume issues , the signals coming from 10 miles away but I have clear line of sight

I could do with a DMR source to play with and test before I go out on the ground with it
jamieblatant

Postby jamieblatant » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:07 pm

dwabbit wrote:if using a dongle try using the FMP software that comes with DSD. its a simple tuner interface. uses less overheads than sdr# i find i get better decodes

What software is this , I simply downloaded DSD and I thought it was only possable to add this to DSD#
jamieblatant

Postby jamieblatant » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Another quick question if anyone knows , if the voice was encrypted would I still get the slot colour code and talkgroup setting from DSD
jamieblatant

Postby moj » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:42 pm

Yes you will still get those detail's Jamie !!
moj

Postby jimh » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:25 pm

Also, if it is using standard Motorola encryption, DSD+ will usually tell you if it is Basic Privacy or Enhanced Privacy. Don't recall what it does if one of the other encryption formats is used (eg the various types used by Hytera)
jimh

Postby moj » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:54 pm

no hytera's encryption doesn't show as hytera on dsd either and i've only ever seen SCR appear on a scrambled digital idas system .
moj

Postby jimh » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 pm

P25, NXDN4800 and NXDN9600 all correctly show as Scrambled when present. For these formats, DSD+ will also show the Key ID being used (...just to be clear, that's the position of the Key in the Key List held on the radio, not the actual encryption key being used to encode/decode the signal). I must check to see if some of the weaker Hytera encryption formats show up as Basic Privacy in DSD+.
jimh

Next

Return to DMR & Digital Modes