AOR AR-DV1 BANDSCOPE

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

AOR AR-DV1 BANDSCOPE

Postby marlbrook » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:26 pm

marlbrook

Re: AOR AR-DV1 BANDSCOPE

Postby Davie Boy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Band-scope is a nice feature... is this available on the actual AR-DV1 scanner screen or is it with software when connected to a PC..?
Davie Boy

Postby marlbrook » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Would not be possible to make the radio to display it. It is the latest addition to AR-DV1 control software www.espyonard.com

The Scope is currently described as 'experimental' at the Web Site, but this appeared on Facebook page yesterday

BAND SCOPE MK2

I think I can say the Scope is no longer at the experimental stage, however because it demands so much data processing and transfer, not all P.C.'s may be able to run it.

It is included in the Trial program, so easy enough to find out if it is OK on your equipment.

I decided to take a week off, fatal mistake. That involved me 'playing' radio, which quickly led to me adding extras to the Band Scope, and including some nice enhancements, with a 30% increase in speed.

Too many new additions to go in to all of them here. One is a ZOOM function, so instead of just having 1, 2, 4 and 10 MHZ sweeps, you can set smaller ones. e.g 7.0 to 7.2 MHZ. Added 1 and 2 KHZ channel spacing too.

The one I am particularly pleased with is that when a sweep is 'paused', running the cursor over lines results in them becoming 'active', and responding to their 'S' signal in real time. Also when a frequency line is selected in the 'Q SWEEP' window, if that frequency lies within the Start and End of a sweep, the relevant line turns red on the Scope, and becomes active (as above). As before runninng. the Cursor over a line transfers the frequency and mode to the AR-DV1

I always test everything, so I will not be releasing the program update with Band Scope MK2 immediately, but it is all working
marlbrook

Postby Davie Boy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Thanks for the info and reply... :thumbup:
Davie Boy

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat