KINGS HEATH RETAIL RADIO LINK AND STORENET

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

KINGS HEATH RETAIL RADIO LINK AND STORENET

Postby phil600 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Been out today scanning around kings heath high street area of Birmingham I know
This retail link scheme is run by storenet.this one as gone digital using hyterra radios.
And also I know acocks green Birmingham link is also a mrs scheme and this as also gone digital.
A quick look at mrs communications site shows hyterra radios I did call them they did say that they still do analogue systems I know icom handhelds was there favoured handhelds.
phil600

Re: KINGS HEATH RETAIL RADIO LINK AND STORENET

Postby AndrewIrvine » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:02 pm

There is a board / thread / section for shops etc
Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888, Uniden 3600XLT

"I'm listening"..
AndrewIrvine

Re: KINGS HEATH RETAIL RADIO LINK AND STORENET

Postby bigboyblue » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:51 pm

phil600 wrote:Been out today scanning around kings heath high street area of Birmingham I know
This retail link scheme is run by storenet.this one as gone digital using hyterra radios.
And also I know acocks green Birmingham link is also a mrs scheme and this as also gone digital.
A quick look at mrs communications site shows hyterra radios I did call them they did say that they still do analogue systems I know icom handhelds was there favoured handhelds.

MRS always loved a bit of icom, from a sub contractor who used to work for them, all started because Icom would deal direct with them for purchase of radios, whereas Motorola and kenwood insisted on using a master distributer, so the pricing wasn't as good. They have been going for years, and I remember taking over systems they used to have where they supplied vhf icom handsets to the shops - something that wasn't good for signal when you are in a metal and glass box ……..

MRS, like a lot of the suppliers, like to offer the rental type scheme - the shops rent a handset from the supplier, who provide the infrastructure for free, and then provides the local shopwatch scheme management with a kick back each month from the handset rentals, to run the scheme. Used to work really really well, until the government brought in the BID scheme, so now shopwatches / pubwatches could afford to buy their own kit outright, and lease it back to the shops themselves, making 100% of the monthly rental. A lot of suppliers have lost out to this now, as a lot of the schemes even like to program the handsets themselves, and therefore they will simply purchase the cheapest make / model they have decided on, and put that onto the system.
bigboyblue

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat