UBC75XLT software support (lack of)

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

UBC75XLT software support (lack of)

Postby essexRXer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:18 am

Hi all,

I have now added to my scanners (don't tell the wife) with a UBC75, I chose this as I did not care for MILAir and it has PC support.
Can't say I am very impressed at the moment as the free software only supports the US BC75, the ARC75 programme is only an evaluation version as it cost £30+ :huh:

Well If I knew that I would have gone for the 125 and used the free software that all the users rave about.

Lesson Learned *buyer Beware*

Any one know of an alternative solutions for my predicament?
essexRXer

Re: UBC75XLT software support (lack of)

Postby Scan125 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Well I've been asked by a few people to support the 75XLT in my Scan125 Control Program and I would love to ........ however

The 75XLT sadly has a completely different display which makes supporting it, without access to a scanner, rather difficult to do. I have some feelers out there with the UK Uniden distributor asking for the loan of any damaged or other likewise compromised 75XLT but it seems the unit is very reliable (good news for owners) and broken/damaged ones just do not occur.

Are you are that there is/was a free program for loading up the 75XLT scanner. I've lost my link to the site but I'm sure you should be able to find it.
Scan125

Postby essexRXer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks for the reply NIck,
It would be great if I could dig out the link, I wonder what tweaks would have to be made to to existing BC75 freeware? Perhaps altering the read header by use of a hex editor. What would you need to do to a UBC to get the info you want? will it still work afterwards!?

I have trawled the net for all other programmes to no avail, I am not sure but I suspect some of the copies of ARC75 available on CD may be cracked versions.
essexRXer

Postby Scan125 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:34 pm

Good news for UBC75XLT user's looking for free/charity ware software support for your scanner.

Please see: https://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan75

Enjoy

Nick
Scan125

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat