Uniden 125 scanner, close call issue.

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Uniden 125 scanner, close call issue.

Postby Southwales » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:06 am

Hi, Just purchased a uniden 125 scanner, wanted to try out the close call hits with my pmr radio, problem I have is that once it has picked up the pmr radio as a close call hit and stored it into a close call temporary bank then when I tx again on the pmr the scanner shows it going in and out of transmitting even though I am keeping the tx button down on the pmr radio, every 2 seconds the scanner shows the transmission ending and coming back in again, so it shows as recieving the pmr for 2 seconds losing it for 1 second and recieving again and the cycle continues till I let go of the tx on the pmr, the only way to get the scanner to listen to the pm radio again without losing reception is to switch off the close call hits, then when I transmit on the pmr it does not go in and out of reception, my concern is how will close call hits perform in the real world if this issue continues. Say I get a close call hit and want to then listen to the conversation, if the scanner starts going in and out of receiving the frequency The conversation will be broken, if someone else could test this on there uniden 125 it would be a great help, I also tried it with a cb radio and different pmr channel and the issue still happens.
Southwales

Re: Uniden 125 scanner, close call issue.

Postby m0lsx » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 am

It's in all probability Close Call popping in & out given your description. When the 125 gets a hit on a stored frequency, Close Call will still monitor for other traffic, hence the in & out on the audio.

Edited to add. I normally use my 230 & 3500 exclusively on close call or on a channel scan. Personally I have very very few frequencies in either & normally use both on CC, unless I am using a specific channel or small set of channels.
CC is great & the best thing to happen to the hobby in many years, but it's damn annoying if you want to listen to something.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Re: Uniden 125 scanner, close call issue.

Postby Southwales » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:55 pm

m0lsx wrote:It's in all probability Close Call popping in & out given your description. When the 125 gets a hit on a stored frequency, Close Call will still monitor for other traffic, hence the in & out on the audio.

Edited to add. I normally use my 230 & 3500 exclusively on close call or on a channel scan. Personally I have very very few frequencies in either & normally use both on CC, unless I am using a specific channel or small set of channels.
CC is great & the best thing to happen to the hobby in many years, but it's damn annoying if you want to listen to something.

Guess you could be correct, the first time it gets the close call hit with the same channel it is ok it is when you use the same pmr channel it starts the audio popping in and out, so I was assuming it was after it stores it to the close call bank,I wonder if I hit hold on the close call it will then stop popping in and out of audio, something I will try later.

How do you mean by CC is annoying when you want to listen to something?
Southwales

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat