Uniden 125xlt programming software

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Uniden 125xlt programming software

Postby Southwales » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi, can someone help with an easy to use programming software for the 125, preferably one that works like chirp. If there is a you tube video that shows how to use the software that would be even better. I have just manually put about 150 frequencies with alpha tagging onto the 125 and it has taken me a good few hours, definitely need an easier way, I know once it is done it's done but I dread the thought of the scanner losing its memory and having to start over.
Southwales

Re: Uniden 125xlt programming software

Postby Scan125 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:13 pm

If you want a *free* program then you can do worse than trying my Scan125 Control Program. Most people find it easy to use and the most powerful, fully complete offering currently available if you want to fully control your scanner from a PC. As far as I know no one has yet done or needed a video of using it.

Link to Scan125 can be found in my signature below.

Nick
Scan125

Postby Southwales » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi, I have got this far but is there a part of the software that I can use to type in the frequencies to load onto my scanner? I can not find it, thank you for your help.

Southwales

Postby Scan125 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Yes - Scan Banks View/Edit :)

You will also find that when you mouse hover over and item/but there will be a Tooltip saying what it does.

When you get a chance you should also read the Help/User Manual.

I've put a lot of effort and work into Scan125 and the documentation and there are quite a few functions that are not self evident (like larger display, fast tuning, frequency prefixes, to mention but a few......)

I'm not always watching this/other forums so for help and support contact me directly at my Scan125 Email address.
Scan125

Postby Southwales » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:46 am

Scan125 wrote:Yes - Scan Banks View/Edit :)

You will also find that when you mouse hover over and item/but there will be a Tooltip saying what it does.

When you get a chance you should also read the Help/User Manual.

I've put a lot of effort and work into Scan125 and the documentation and there are quite a few functions that are not self evident (like larger display, fast tuning, frequency prefixes, to mention but a few......)

I'm not always watching this/other forums so for help and support contact me directly at my Scan125 Email address.

Thank you all sorted now, if only I had learnt how to use your software earlier, how much easier it would have been to alpha tag all my frequencies and set a 5 second delay, thank you for your help.

One more thing, when putting in a frequencies with your software I can select AM, FM or NFM, NFM just reverts bank to FM, what us tbe idea of NFM? When can and should it be used?
Southwales

Postby Scan125 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Southwales wrote:One more thing, when putting in a frequencies with your software I can select AM, FM or NFM, NFM just reverts bank to FM, what us tbe idea of NFM? When can and should it be used?

Basically the FM and NFM are a cockup in the UBC125XLT firmware/use of terminology.

The US BC125AT scanner has AM, FM and NFM. FM = traditional Wide Band Commercial Broadcast Radio Stations and NFM = Narrow Band FM is for all the communications stuff.

The UBC125XLT only has NFM but for some daft reason it is called FM and not NFM. In Scan125 I have to cater for both (and other) scanners so to maintain compatibility when people share data I fold NFM to FM. Or likewise is you chose NFM I have to fold it to FM. For BC125AT users they have all three modulation modes available.
Scan125

Postby barryk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:59 am

just bought a 124 and arc125 software if Yourdon mind paying £arc is easy to use and learn
I have previously used rj systm to program ham gear ad find arc good value in comparison
also have used chirp which is free and ok!
i am now 80 so if i can use arc anyone can!!
barrie
g3mtd
barryk

Postby Southwales » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Scan125 wrote:
Southwales wrote:One more thing, when putting in a frequencies with your software I can select AM, FM or NFM, NFM just reverts bank to FM, what us tbe idea of NFM? When can and should it be used?

Basically the FM and NFM are a cockup in the UBC125XLT firmware/use of terminology.

The US BC125AT scanner has AM, FM and NFM. FM = traditional Wide Band Commercial Broadcast Radio Stations and NFM = Narrow Band FM is for all the communications stuff.

The UBC125XLT only has NFM but for some daft reason it is called FM and not NFM. In Scan125 I have to cater for both (and other) scanners so to maintain compatibility when people share data I fold NFM to FM. Or likewise is you chose NFM I have to fold it to FM. For BC125AT users they have all three modulation modes available.

Thank you, I had assumed the 125 was stuck on wideband, good to to it is narrow as that us what I have my uv5r set at.
Southwales

Postby barryk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:20 pm

I have been told by butel that the drivers on cd are fie and if you can send/recive toscanner thywork ok!
regards
barrie
barryk

Postby Scan125 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:04 pm

barryk wrote:I have been told by butel that the drivers on cd are fie and if you can send/recive toscanner thywork ok!
regards
barrie

Not sure how we digressed into drivers? Is there something we/I'm missing let alone how Butel got into the loop?
Scan125

Next

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat