OFCOM Spectrum Information Portal

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

OFCOM Spectrum Information Portal

Postby Minus1 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:26 pm

WTR gone for good, everything has changed …

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/infor ... ion-portal
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Re: OFCOM Spectrum Information Portal

Postby Metradio » Thu May 31, 2018 11:07 pm

New interface and database :smiles:

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby G4RMT » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 am

It's a really good system - I've already found plenty of new transmitters just by entering the town - and discovering some intriguing things. They've done a very good job.

EDIT

Oh-oh. I think it may have some gremlins. Some of the things I found 'new' appear very shaky - for example, an address that is residential, with a number of licensed frequencies, including one in the marine band, on one of those allocated business channels. The licence is a local taxi firm and they are not on the map, with the details of their in use single duplex channel added to two others that don't belong. The address does have a nice discone on the rear of the house. My licence dot is not quite right in the right place - it was before, and now appears to be in my own name rather than the business. I suggest we all give it a go and check the data it is presenting for accuracy - very strange. The back door access to the old WTR that they left on, has now been removed, so the old data I had and was using is gone. I'm trying to check who was licensed on the old system. I will continue experimenting.
G4RMT

Postby Metradio » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:22 am

G4RMT wrote:........ The back door access to the old WTR that they left on, has now been removed, so the old data I had and was using is gone. I'm trying to check who was licensed on the old system. I will continue experimenting.

WTR Browser includes the old databases from at least a year ago - as well as the new one...

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby G4RMT » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:57 pm

This is quite engrossing - sorting the wrong info - Norfolk Constabulary have an entry 26 Thurston Rd, with a 19GHz link - which is a small dilapidated private house, with a broken TV antenna. The Police station is about a quarter of a mile away - it seems the lat and long data has been averaged and then an address generated that matches it - and is totally wrong - the Police link is on the Police Station in Old Nelson Street - a five minute walk away! The Taxi firm I mentioned has about the same error - but I wonder if the people who live in these houses, identified on a Government database are covered under the new GDPR rules - the Government data is wrong! What a cock-up!
G4RMT

Postby JohnUK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:51 am

Not having much luck with it. Very slow working for me and most stuff isnt there anymore.

Is there still a way you can get frequencies for an area without having to use the slow map and tiny dots?
JohnUK

Postby Minus1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 pm

You are right that the map is abysmally slow, and updates can be erratic.

You can search by an area name, but it is tedious.
For example, for Blackpool, you have to select Business Radio, then Region/Area, then type Blackpool in the search field at the top of the drop-down, then tick the 'Blackpool' box.

You can search by company name.

The user interface is pretty poor. It's an improvement in some ways, but worse in others (no NGR for example)
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat