Confused or stuck

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Confused or stuck

Postby stuarthurst » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi
I've got one of these Uniden UBC125XLT scanners. I'm going to Cosford on Saturday.
I know how to put in the frequencies of ATC so I can listen in to them. However, I have seen that the Red Arrows use 243.450 / 242.200 for inter-aircraft comms. Can this unit listen in on this frequency also? If so, how do I put in that frequency?

Sorry for a dumb question

Regards

Stuart
stuarthurst

Re: Confused or stuck

Postby Scan125 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Easiest way to program/manage frequencies on the UBC125XLT is with my free Scan125 Control Program (me my signature for link)

To put 243.45 in to the following:

1) Press Scan and then Hold to get into Scan Mode (if not already there)
2) Press 2 then 4 then 3 then . then 4 then 5
3) Press E (enter)
4) Use scroll knob to select channel number
5) Press E (enter)
6) Use scroll knob to select EXIT on menu
7) Press E (enter)
Scan125

Postby Nighthawk999 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:18 pm

I took my 125 to Cosford a couple of yeares ago and it performed brilliantly on the standard rubber duck antenna,you'll hear things more clearly though if you use some basic walkman-type earphones.
Also it's a good idea to take a spare pair of fully charged batteries with you.All aircraft comms will be through ATC,and when the Reds are displaying,you'll hear Red One calling each element..smoke on etc...on their display frequency.The other Reds don't transmit during the display.
Nighthawk999

Postby stuarthurst » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Nick
I'm an IT guy and I have the software, but I am confused by so many things :(

However, that step by step was fantastically easy, so, for the moment, I'm just sticking in the ATC frequencies and the Red's.
And that worked too.

My old man has bought one too, and recommended a super gain antenna, which I now have too. Not that I would need it at Cosford.
I've paired this up with my Sennheiser headphones - I did debate taking my Bose Noise cancelling one's; I may still take them actually.

With regards to spare batteries. Completely forgot that the rechargables can be replaced so I will take about 4 Duracells just to be sure.

I will get in contact with you some time soon Nick with regards to using the CD of frequencies I have in .txt files and importing them in through Scan125..

Thanks both for your hepl

Regards

Stuart
stuarthurst

Postby stuarthurst » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:04 pm

Actually - no time like the present - I'm just running your program now Nick and seeing if I can make head or tail of it all.
stuarthurst

Postby stuarthurst » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Thanks Nick - duly donated to Debra :)
stuarthurst

Postby Scan125 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:59 pm

stuarthurst wrote:Thanks Nick - duly donated to Debra :)

Thank you Stuart, Debra will appreciate your donation very very much.

You can find my Scan125 email address on my website and in the User Manual. I'm here to help even at weekends :shocker:

Just wish I could get to a decent air show with my scanner. Mine basically sits on my desk and does nothing other than air and marine band.
Scan125

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat