AOR DV10 returned please read

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

AOR DV10 returned please read

Postby mickydt » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:37 pm

it was believed that the software and hardware issues had been resolved.

i was undecided as to what radio to get so thinking that the the aor dv10 was now okay i then opted to get one.

on getting it there were issues getting it to charge then once i resolved i then managed to get the memories sorted on it no problems then the total nightmare began.

on hooking it to the outside aerial on fm scanning it started going crazy on the signal meter which was doing a yo yo effect and at the same time i noticed that the battery icon was also doing the same yo yo effect, on all the portable radios i have had never ever have i seen a radio ever do this.

on scanning fm signals there was also some strange popping noise and then all of a sudden err appeared and every so often would keep appearing.

i thought the unit was overloading so tried to activate the att but no matter what i did the att would not even activate.

the unit even when on battery only was becoming very hot to say the least, at that stage the end had come and contacted the shop to get the thing returned.

i am getting another radio but never again will i think of getting another dv10.

in my opinion the radio was totally knackered as they say.

for anyone out there please for the time been avoid the aor dv10

mike (26tm441)
mickydt

Re: AOR DV10 returned please read

Postby m0lsx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:20 pm

You are not the first person I have known to buy a 10 & then return it. A friend who had one for under a week said it was the worst radio he has EVER had the misfortune to own.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby mickydt » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

i was just scouting around the radio forums and apparently someone on the forums also purchased the dv10 and had the same issues and that has also gone back.

i think to be honest that the shops in this county should stop selling them and get aor to do a recall, if there are battery issues it could end up with a fire situation.

i had the pleasure of seeing what happens when these type of batteries go bang.
mickydt

Postby Neil57uk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 pm

There is a Facebook group dealing with the numerous issues with this radio with reportd from many owners who havevapparently returned sets and claimed full refunds. Never owned one but the FB group makes very interesting reading and it is clear that the retailers must be very aware of the problems.
Neil57uk

Postby Metradio » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Interesting snippet from the editor's column of the Dec 2018 issue of the UK radio magazine, RadioUser:

".... apologies to those of you who are looking for the test of the AOR AR-DV10 wideband scanner, as we went to press some exciting new features and capabilities appeared, and I have, therefore, held the full review over for a later issue of the magazine."

Seeing that they went to press about a month ago, they are the only ones to hear about the" exciting new feature and capabilities" :)
One wonders if they are choosing not to publish a test report for other 'reasons' ?
For the publisher a negative report is not good for future advertising revenue ..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby mickydt » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:53 pm

well the radio went back to nevada i was totally disgusted that they tried to claim that there was nothing wrong with the set, yeah i have been in to radio scanning for near 20 years and know when something is up the spout.

i was also disgusted at the attitude of the woman working for them. i have spent endless pounds with this company so where she was getting off was unknown.

i think nevada know dam well they have a major problem with the dv10 so why then pull stunts like this on people who have supported their company for a long time, they really need to take it up with the manufactures not on the customers.

any way they are going to send me a different radio (not the dam aor10 though)

also for anyone don't buy the b grade aordv10 they are returns from those who know they are faulty and have sent them back, all they are doing is resetting the firmware and sticking in a new mem card.
supporting those with sickness and disabilities https://socialhub.forumotion.co.uk/
mickydt

Postby mickydt » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:34 pm

this has now been sorted out have a new radio with software and also gave me a credit to spend on what ever still looking at a second radio but not sure at this stage so any suggestions as to what.

also seems m lynch are also selling b grade aor dv10 so please baware they may seem cheap but it is what people have returned and for now aor have a major problem with the hardware on these radios.

it is like computers if the hardware is up the spout then no amount of software fixes is going to repair it.

well happy messing around with my new radio and software coming up

t.c all

mike 26tm441
supporting those with sickness and disabilities https://socialhub.forumotion.co.uk/
mickydt

Postby m0lsx » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:14 pm

mickydt wrote: Also seems m lynch are also selling b grade aor dv10 so please baware they may seem cheap but it is what people have returned and for now aor have a major problem with the hardware on these radios

mike 26tm441

Looking at the Nevada site these B grade Aor DV-10's are still £799.95 compared to £425 for a decent Uniden UBC-D3600XLT or £419.95 for a Whistler TRX-1 & the not yet released UBC-D3600XLT-NXDN is £479.95.

Personally I know where my money would NOT be going.

A few years ago I brought a Comet 10 meter antenna & mag mount of Nevada via ebay. When the antenna arrived there was no mag mount. Which I am happy to put down to a error. But most importantly the antenna was an unbranded antenna.
I complained as the antenna supplied was not what I had ordered & thankfully I was covered by ebays contract. However Nevada tried to say it was made in the same factory as Comets & thus it was a Comet.
So I had to get trading standards involved. At which point Nevada changed their attitude, which until that point had stunk.
I returned the antenna at Nevadas expense & got my money back. But it has left a nasty taste in my mouth & I would not now happily use Nevada unless it was via ebay & paypal. As I no longer feel I can trust them to be reputable.

Edited to add. The ebay advert I brought the antenna via, claimed the antenna was
manufactured by Comet.

Which I still feel was deliberately dishonest as they later admitted they knew it had been manufactured by someone else, who also manufacturers for Comet.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby mickydt » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:44 pm

to be honest this is the first time i have had problems with Nevada. in this day and age when businesses are going to the wall companies really need to rethink about customer services and standards. stuff like this then makes you want to look else where.

i have had issues with moonraker not sending stuff out and also items missing, radioworld selling very dodgy second hand stuff not really had too many dealings with m lynch.

look out for my aordv10 it will be there waiting to catch someone out. :shocker:
mickydt

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat