Quick questions

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Quick questions

Postby mickydt » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 pm

can any one tell me if pro-voice is used in the UK?

also i know of a duplex taxi frequency over here and have it tuned for the car frequencies and yet very strange i can hear the base on the same frequency although the signal is a bit lower it clearly is duplex as i know the base frequency. , has anyone else encountered this sort of thing?
mickydt

Re: Quick questions

Postby G4RMT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:56 am

isn't that Harris? I don't think they have any real market penetration over here? It's also digital too?

So the car transmission has the base station on it too? Never come across this. The car on the base, yes when they have walkthrough on, but not the other way around?
G4RMT

Postby mickydt » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:47 pm

sorry for the delay i had a home emergency end of last week.

i know that the taxi frequency is on a 4.8 split but yet i can still hear the base on the car frequency although a low signal, i am pretty sure i am not running the radio in dup, it is a new uniden sds100e which have just come out so not sure how this is happening.

as for digital modes it seems most are dmr and nxdn i haven't had time to do any searches so could be there is still stuff out there waiting to be found.

all the best for now

mike 26tm441
mickydt

Postby jimh » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:22 pm

mickydt wrote:sorry for the delay i had a home emergency end of last week.
i know that the taxi frequency is on a 4.8 split but yet i can still hear the base on the car frequency although a low signal, i am pretty sure i am not running the radio in dup, it is a new uniden sds100e which have just come out so not sure how this is happening.
mike 26tm441

How far are you from the Taxi Base in question: close enough to hear it as if it were a mobile? Are you sure that the 'base' frequency you refer to isn't simply a repeater output and that the taxi base is transmitting on the [mobile] input frequency to the repeater just like the taxi cabs? I doubt it's duplex and more likely half-duplex.
jimh

Postby mickydt » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:48 pm

could be that i am not that far away strange though as i never got this on the dv1 and yet getting it on the sds100e

i think it may be one of those enigmas :walkietalkie:
mickydt

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat