Airspy R2 + DAB radio??

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Re: Airspy R2 + DAB radio??

Postby mickydt » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:15 pm

i shrunk mine to the tray but it didn't seem to like it too much but running fine in normal window i did a rescan using airspy mini and it came up with 36 stations, i was going to take a snap shot but press the wrong button after closing the program.

listened to radio 2 for about half an hour, i have been waiting for something like this for a long time.

not sure about dab+ there is a read me on the website which might help
mickydt

Postby rozbiff » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:19 pm

RobBain wrote:Found channels: 41!!!

That fixed it immediately. The gain was, indeed, set at zero. Adjusted it manually and it all started to work!! Many thanks indeed rozbiff.

Final question concerns closing the program down. When I do I get a message saying "The program will keep running in the system tray. To terminate the program choose <b>Quit<b> in the context menu of the system tray...". Do you know anything about that?

How are you trying to close it? That kind of message is more typical of a program run from the command interpreter.
If I click on the 'X' it shuts cleanly and if I select the Exit option from the menu it shuts cleanly as you'd expect.
rozbiff

Postby RobBain » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:39 am

Working like a treat, thanks mickydt. Project successful! Probably turn to pagers next weekend (next project).

Kind regards,

Rob

mickydt wrote:i saw this and love trying to get programs working downloaded wello and thought it wouldn't work and it is working but a bit buggy, still in beta.

go to settings turn automatic rf gain to manual and set it to around 17 and auto detect to manual make sure to have a very good aerial as well.

once you have done these settings then do a scan on mine i have quite a few stations and am sat here listening to absolute 80's

all the best and hope you get it working.
RobBain

Postby RobBain » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:44 am

There might have been a conflict in-play, rozbiff - as I was evaluating a couple of DAB programs at the same time. Now I've settled on welle.io so I've removed the others - and the shut-down is, as you say, clean.

Kind regards,

Rob

rozbiff wrote:
RobBain wrote:Found channels: 41!!!

That fixed it immediately. The gain was, indeed, set at zero. Adjusted it manually and it all started to work!! Many thanks indeed rozbiff.

Final question concerns closing the program down. When I do I get a message saying "The program will keep running in the system tray. To terminate the program choose <b>Quit<b> in the context menu of the system tray...". Do you know anything about that?

How are you trying to close it? That kind of message is more typical of a program run from the command interpreter.
If I click on the 'X' it shuts cleanly and if I select the Exit option from the menu it shuts cleanly as you'd expect.
RobBain

Postby pnoelw » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm

[quote="RobBain"]Working like a treat, thanks mickydt. Project successful! Probably turn to pagers next weekend (next project).

Hi Rob
Let us know how you get on with pagers next weekend. Are you going to use PDW or other software? I've been using the RSP2 and FCDPro+ with PDW and this works well after a lot of fiddling with settings on the software side.....
I'd also be interested to know what frequencies and protocols you have success with. What part of the country are you in? I'm down in SE Essex.
Regards
Noel.
pnoelw

Postby RobBain » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi Noel

I used to use PDW very successfully with a MVT7100 (+ discriminator tap) so I'll probably start with that and my R2. Unless someone suggests otherwise...

I'm not a million miles away from you in NW Kent.

Will report back!

Kind regards,

Rob

pnoelw wrote:
RobBain wrote:Working like a treat, thanks mickydt. Project successful! Probably turn to pagers next weekend (next project).

Hi Rob
Let us know how you get on with pagers next weekend. Are you going to use PDW or other software? I've been using the RSP2 and FCDPro+ with PDW and this works well after a lot of fiddling with settings on the software side.....
I'd also be interested to know what frequencies and protocols you have success with. What part of the country are you in? I'm down in SE Essex.
Regards
Noel.
RobBain

Previous

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat