Network Rail....

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Network Rail....

Postby USAFE501 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:25 pm

Evening everyone, :wave:
Question for you - whilst waiting to use jetwash at garage a Network Rail engineer was washing his works pick up truck (guess he is based at small engineers depot near railway station in my location Hitchin, Herts)
I noticed clipped to his overalls was a hand portable radio...antenna about 5cm long and quite thick,stubby in dimensions - radio looked just like a new dmr looking commercial handheld , boxy and angular . :radiocall:
Any ideas of the freqs this might be on ? Radio looked liked DMR rather than tetra/airwave type motorola radios you see rail staff use in the Capital and looked to new compared to the old motorola or icom analogue radios.....can anyone help ? :?: :?: :?:

Thanks as always :thumbup: :thumbup:
USAFE501
USAFE501

Re: Network Rail....

Postby thelad » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:30 am

Using Airwave now, they started using Tetra in June i think with the MOMs.
thelad

Postby USAFE501 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am

Morning The lad and others...
Thanks for reply - I agree with the Tetra comment....just that the radio looked more like a DMR handheld , should have just got out the car and asked !!! :rolleyes:
...regardless , the way he was jet washing his pick-up truck with most of the water blowing back at him in the strong wind I'd be surprised if his exposed radio wasn't a bit water-logged :laughs: :laughs:

As always, thanks for taking time to read and comment.

USAFE501 :thumbup:
USAFE501

Postby thelad » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:25 pm

thelad

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat