Postby Lightspeed » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:21 am

CORRECTION

Looking at the 2013 Ofcom spectrum guide again, I misread. it states:

406·1 – 410 MHz
FIXED MOBILE except aeronautical mobile RADIO ASTRONOMY
Lightspeed

Re: CUBOT DT99 Walkie Talkie Dual Sim Mobile Phone Under £50

Postby SilverShadow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:54 am

Yep it's fixed mobile although frequencies between 406.100 – 410.000 are and have been used for RAF base towers.

Allocations have always been exclusively to the Military/RAF/Mod in The UK, mainly RAF bases.

There is a Chinese allocation for the exact same frequencies you have listed for the phone so I assume it's Chinese manufactured with their equivalent version of PMR446 frequencies. Some of these Chinese 446 type walkie talkies have made their way over here via the likes of ebay and tourists etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_radio_service
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby Frequency Hopper » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:02 pm

So in that case any chinese radios over here in England may suffer digital noise from these phones as they are analogue but they should not be using them here anyway so must accept the interference. However on the other hand these phones will not get interference on walkie talkie mode from these other chinese imported walkie talkies because they are digital.

Silver shadow are there any other users using these frequencies in the uk you or your members are aware of? I know they are technically not legal but a buyer does not know that they just see what is says on the tin, and it appears the only interference they could cause would be to other users of chinese radios that should not be there either and also they are digitally secure?
Frequency Hopper

Postby Alfie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Frequency Hopper wrote:I know they are technically not legal but a buyer does not know that they just see what is says on the tin, and it appears the only interference they could cause would be to other users of chinese radios that should not be there either and also they are digitally secure?

Yes they do have some appeal for short range coms but not acceptable for official users though i would think they would be handy rock climbing or car to car ;) :) thank you lightspeed and all for the feedback very helpfull
Alfie

Postby m0lsx » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Frequency Hopper wrote: So in that case any chinese radios over here in England may suffer digital noise from these phones as they are analogue but they should not be using them here anyway so must accept the interference. However on the other hand these phones will not get interference on walkie talkie mode from these other chinese imported walkie talkies because they are digital.

digital transmissions are far more susceptible to interference than analogue is..Digital needs a whole signal to hear anything...So where analogue slowly degrades, digital is either there or it is not...Also these signals will probably be a digitised FM signal so will need more power than a analogue FM signal to achieve the same signal strength...
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby SilverShadow » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 am

Frequency Hopper wrote:Silver shadow are there any other users using these frequencies in the uk you or your members are aware of? I know they are technically not legal but a buyer does not know that they just see what is says on the tin, and it appears the only interference they could cause would be to other users of chinese radios that should not be there either and also they are digitally secure?

Yes there are military users and allocations on those exact frequencies, take channel 1 for example 409.750, listed past/current users include RAF Henlow, RAF Cosford and RAF Cranwell to name a few, also unlike most PMR/PBR you will find the military are allocated bandwidth rather than spot frequencies, for example the huge chunk from 225.000 to 400.000MHz for the mil airband etc. which means military users can pop up anywhere within the band they are allocated.
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby m0lsx » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Being an airband the consequences of using these radios can be that a massive area is jammed...Plus being an airband Ofcom will not wait & see if the problem goes away, unless accidental they will prosecute...
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Frequency Hopper » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh I see in that case I will avoid these and look elsewhere. It is a shame as for the price a digital walkie talkie and phone in one neat package is quite appealing and though we may be in the know I'm sure there may be a few using these in the uk unawares due to their availability.
Frequency Hopper

Postby Lightspeed » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:37 am

I have a pair of these on order.

Yes, shame that the walkie-talkie frequency is out of band, but I was looking for a ruggedized mobile, and the price is good, even with out the w/t functionality

When they get here I'll look at them thoroughly and will post a review.
Lightspeed

Postby SilverShadow » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:51 am

Lightspeed wrote:When they get here I'll look at them thoroughly and will post a review.

Will look forward to that, they do look nice. :walkietalkie:
SilverShadow
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The TX'ers Forum