understanding inputting frequencies

Forum for CB, PMR, Ham, Business users, GMRS, Repeaters and all other TX Chat

understanding inputting frequencies

Postby philthespark » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:42 pm

OK, so nobody seems to want to help me programme my radio, fair enough, but can anyone answer this then. If a radio gives a frequency of 449.3125 and you can only input 6 digits into a radio how does it work, i.e which digit do you miss off? I've found all the codes I need but they all give 7 digits and the radio only accepts 6.
philthespark

Re: understanding inputting frequencies

Postby spaggy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 pm

You have no choice but to omit the las digit but clearly if you are able then round up or down to the nearest sixth digit , hope this helps
spaggy

Postby philthespark » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:15 am

spaggy wrote:You have no choice but to omit the las digit but clearly if you are able then round up or down to the nearest sixth digit , hope this helps

Thank you, that is so kind, all I am trying to do is to programme a Leixen 898vv onto the frequencies of my mitex General, licenced radios but nobody else seems to want to help, many thanks once again.
philthespark

Postby G4RMT » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 am

the last '5' is entered automatically - so you will be on exactly the correct frequency.
G4RMT

Postby Phoenix-Firefly » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Yep, fully agree with G4RMT, the final 5 may also not be shown or is a tiny digit at the end (depending on the handset you have). I'm using BR-5U's (BaoFeng) and found the easiest way to set-up was with CHIRP (free software for a vast amount of 2-way units) and a programming cable that came with the units. Google can find you the software and Amazon can point out the right programming cable. Big advantage is once you have the programme set, you can programme all your other radios is minutes.
Phoenix-Firefly

Return to The TX'ers Forum