London Transport Frequencies

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

London Transport Frequencies

Postby benqprready88 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 pm

can the above be decoded using DSD??
benqprready88

Re: London transport frequencies

Postby SilverShadow » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

It depends on which London Transport services you want to monitor.

London Buses have a huge trunked net which is analogue between 139.51875 to 140.48125 (6.25 steps) so any analogue scanner will pick them up.

London Underground users are using LUL Connect which is Tetra and can't be heard on DSD.

There are a whole lot more users, some analogue but most others either digital or going digital DMR so you will be able to monitor the DMR users which include many buses and rail/train companies etc, a lot especially are using TRBO.
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby benqprready88 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 pm

SilverShadow wrote:It depends on which London Transport services you want to monitor.

London Buses have a huge trunked net which is analogue between 139.51875 to 140.48125 (6.25 steps) so any analogue scanner will pick them up.

London Underground users are using LUL Connect which is Tetra and can't be heard on DSD.

There are a whole lot more users, some analogue but most others either digital or going digital DMR so you will be able to monitor the DMR users which include many buses and rail/train companies etc, a lot especially are using TRBO.

ok thanks shall i search that on the dongle using dsd plus? buses?
benqprready88

London paddington station

Postby benqprready88 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:01 am

Hey there i have just got a usb dongle and wanted to listen to the railway staff at the above station i am using dsr and dsd do you have any frequencies for any railway station in london i could tune into i live in the nottinghill area anybody can help?
benqprready88

Postby SilverShadow » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:36 am

ok thanks shall i search that on the dongle using dsd plus? buses?

No hun as that huge trunked net London Buses own is analogue, so although you can listen to it using SDR (or a normal scanner) there is no digital DMR signal to decode. It's a 76 channel VHF analogue TaitNet trunked MPT system they use.

There are a heck of a lot of other DMR users though that you'll be able to pick up in London. Most UHF rail coms have been switching to digital.
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Re: London paddington station

Postby SilverShadow » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:11 am

453.550 and 453.900 are the main frequencies used at Paddington Station, they have a mix of analogue and digital radios :walkietalkie:
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby jonnyboyy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi here's a link to details of transport for London bus network known as ibus http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/? ... opt=new_tg if you program all the frequencies except the red ones which are control channels. I listen to them on a regular basis and can be good fun.

JonnyBoyy
jonnyboyy

Postby benqprready88 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:54 pm

jonnyboyy wrote:Hi here's a link to details of transport for London bus network known as ibus http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/? ... opt=new_tg if you program all the frequencies except the red ones which are control channels. I listen to them on a regular basis and can be good fun.

JonnyBoyy

Thanks for that whats the best frequency to tune into on that list?? also is there any frequencies in west london for buses railway etc?
benqprready88

Postby Frequency Hopper » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:36 pm

benqprready88 wrote:Thanks for that whats the best frequency to tune into on that list?? also is there any frequencies in west london for buses railway etc?

Put them all in apart from the control channels that are constant data
Frequency Hopper

frequencies London

Postby benqprready88 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:21 am

frequencies London

Hi i have scanned through most of the railway frequencies with the new UK scanning Directory 2014 none of them seem to be working anyone got any frequencies of the above that are active also any interesting frequencies to listen to in london as shopwatch is always quiet as well
benqprready88

Next

Return to English Frequencies by Area