Any Liverpool frequencies please?

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Any Liverpool frequencies please?

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi all,I'm going to the Liverpool Tall Ships event in May,and was wondering if anyone will be kind enough to let me know of any frequencies for the area?
I'm mainly after marine ones,so port control,RNLI etc would be nice to have please.For any stewards/event staff I'll try CloseCall on my 125XLT,but if there are any known ones,PMR/simple light etc,they'd be welcomed.
Obviously the 125 doesn't pick up anything digital.Many thanks in advance..
Nighthawk999

Re: Any Liverpool frequencies please?

Postby Minus1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 am

I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby Nighthawk999 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Thank you for that link,it'll come in very handy.
https://www.peelports.com/media/2498/lpf5-boatmans-licence-pack.pdf I've found this,all the channel numbers for the port are on page 5,sorry I don't know how to post individual pages on here.
Also thishttp://www.ukseakayakguidebook.co.uk/short_articles/vhf_channels.htm
Nighthawk999

Postby RadioWatcher » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:33 am

TallShips in Blyth used CH 12 & 16.
They also used CH80 also known as " M " - Marina, these are the only ones you will need.

All other marine channels are irrelevant.
RadioWatcher

Postby Nighthawk999 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:12 pm

"All other marine channels are irrelevant." Thanks but can you back that statement up?I've programmed all marine channels including RNLI and HMCG into my scanner and then I'll find out what is,and what isn't,active on the day.Chances are I'll put Port Control on priority.
Nighthawk999

Postby RadioWatcher » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:20 am

Actually yes as your the original poster you asked for Tall ship marine freqs as you are attending the event, they only use marina and ch12 and 16, so indeed i can back it up as been to many tall ship meets around the uk and other countries. :biggrin:

TallShips event will not call port control nor have any need to.

I will even copy it for you Nighthawk999 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi all,I'm going to the Liverpool Tall Ships event in May,and was wondering if anyone will be kind enough to let me know of any frequencies for the area?
and my own response was,

TallShips in Blyth used CH 12 & 16.
They also used CH80 also known as " M " - Marina, these are the only ones you will need.

All other marine channels are irrelevant.
RNLI and CG Frequencies are really good but if your only wanting to hear the tallships then don't have the lotscanning or you will miss what you intend to hear.
I hope this helps you, enjoy your trip please post what you get and how it goes. :smiles:

The other frequencies that you asked for are already on this forum.
RadioWatcher

Postby Nighthawk999 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:28 pm

I know what I posted thanks so I don't know why you felt the need to re-post it.
I won't be just listening to any tx from the ships,my interests go far beyond that.I have programmed a lot of non-marine frequencies into my scanner,but I won't have time to note whichever ones are active..I'll be far too busy with my main interest of photography and visiting at least one museum,also my scanner will be hidden in an inside pocket and earphones used.
Nighthawk999

Postby AndrewIrvine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:27 pm

So basically you are asking us to to take the time to provide possible frequencies, but you won't have the time to take a few seconds to look at the screen of your radio to let us know what they will be / are using? The frequency is one thing, if you know who is using it, the tone could be handy. If I attend things like airshows etc, I don't necessarily plumb in the possibles, I have my radio close call armed and running a search from 446 - 458 and 459-463. At least I share my finds and ask others if they can confirm users if it's found in and area I don't live in.

I'm sure at some point your camera will be off your face and that you won't be walking around staring through a lens the whole day?

You will also be screwed as well if we take the time to give you possibles on NFM, only to find they are using DMR.
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 am

Yet again a stroppy reply,I have asked Admin to lock this thread,I will not feed someone's ego by replying.Thank you Minus1 and RadioWatcher for your very helpful answers,they are appreciated.Ive sent you a pm RadioWatcher
Nighthawk999

Postby thelad » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:09 am

Nighthawk999 wrote:Yet again a stroppy reply,I have asked Admin to lock this thread,I will not feed someone's ego by replying.Thank you Minus1 and RadioWatcher for your very helpful answers,they are appreciated.Ive sent you a pm RadioWatcher

But you did just reply.
thelad

Next

Return to English Frequencies by Area