Frequency range for RNLI lifeguards hand-helds

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Frequency range for RNLI lifeguards hand-helds

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm

With my upcoming trip to Brighton,can anyone please tell me the frequency range to set for CloseCall to hopefully pick up RNLI Lifeguard hand-helds on my 125XLT?

Most of the time I'll be in line of sight of them on the beach,so if they aren't digital,I should be able to get something.I've already got the relevant channels programmed in for the marina etc.

Thanks in advance.
Nighthawk999

Re: Frequency range for RNLI lifeguards hand-helds

Postby nigel 007 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Just use the pre set marine frequencies on the uniden , you will pick stuff up on there, press function,then search , and the marine channels are on number 4 .
nigel 007

Postby bigboyblue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:35 pm

The beach patrols / foreshore officers work on a licenced system, with a repeater at the foreshore office with 2 directional antennas (you can see this from the prom, 2 directional dipoles pointing along the prom).

Unsure if they are on v or u, dipoles look to be VHF.

Looked for a licence but cant see anything on the SIS at that location, although they do like to plonk the dots down incorrectly.
bigboyblue

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Thanks chaps,I've already got the marine freqs for Brighton Control etc,I was wondering which search range I need for the lifeguards,should I set 320 - 512 MHz on Closecall or another range?

Also the beach patrols/foreshore officers sound interesting,do they use PMR446 do you know?If so then 320-512 should pick them up ok.

Nigel;Thanks,I didn't think to use the marine presets,I'll have to give them a go.
Nighthawk999

Postby Neil57uk » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Most beach life guards throughout the UK use 161.225. Please report what you find to the group during or after your visit.
Neil57uk

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Neil57uk wrote:Most beach life guards throughout the UK use 161.225. Please report what you find to the group during or after your visit.

Thanks yes I'll do that.
Nighthawk999

Postby bigboyblue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Nighthawk999 wrote:Thanks chaps,I've already got the marine freqs for Brighton Control etc,I was wondering which search range I need for the lifeguards,should I set 320 - 512 MHz on Closecall or another range?

Also the beach patrols/foreshore officers sound interesting,do they use PMR446 do you know?If so then 320-512 should pick them up ok.

Nigel;Thanks,I didn't think to use the marine presets,I'll have to give them a go.

Do you mean PMR frequencies (licenced) - nobody with a safety of life system would work off pmr446.

They are licensed, as above, from the size of the base antennas, looks to be VHF spectrum. Id search in vhf area. Could be a simple base rather than a repeater, hard to tell as its all directional, fired parallel to the beach line. Let us know how you get on.
bigboyblue

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:17 pm

Thanks,I'll do what I can with the info in the time available to me..four hours in Brighton.I'ts more of a photography trip than anything,but having the marine tx in my ear phones will provide an interesting background to my day.I won't be straying far from the seafront,ie marina/pier/electric railway etc.

I've added a reminder to my itinerary re getting details of what I receive on the day and will post to here on my way back,or that night when back home.

To add;the trip is August 18th.
Nighthawk999

Postby DaveyC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 pm

On that same day ,18th August, is the last day of a 4 day event of Eastbourne Airborne annual air show, just 15 miles to the east of Brighton.
So you may want to tune to some of the Mil air frequencies too if that is of interest to you.
We normally see Eurofighter typhoon, Belgian air Force F16, Red arrows, Chinook, Battle of Britain memorial flight ,wing walkers etc.
Have a good trip.
DaveyC

Postby Nighthawk999 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:28 pm

DaveyC wrote:On that same day ,18th August, is the last day of a 4 day event of Eastbourne Airborne annual air show, just 15 miles to the east of Brighton.
So you may want to tune to some of the Mil air frequencies too if that is of interest to you.
We normally see Eurofighter typhoon, Belgian air Force F16, Red arrows, Chinook, Battle of Britain memorial flight ,wing walkers etc.
Have a good trip.

Thanks I'm sure the trip will be a good one,with plenty of photo opportunities,which is the reason for my going there,and giving a new lens a good work-out too.

I have friends who live in Horsham so already know about the airshow thanks,but just listening to marine tx will be good enough for me,having Mil air as well will be too much of a distraction from the photography,bearing in mind the time constraints.I used my 125 to great effect at Cosford airshow last month,just ATC though.
Last edited by Nighthawk999 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nighthawk999

Next

Return to English Frequencies by Area