Antennae for AOR AR DV-1

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Antennae for AOR AR DV-1

Postby Landy204 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:16 pm

OK, as per my previous post in this section, I am getting more tempted towards the Aor AR DV 1!!! If I decide to buy it, is there a particular aerial I should look at that will cover most things? I am thinking Discone or ideally for minimal neighbour impact just a good old white stick! However if the discone is the best option to get the most from the receiver then that's what I shall get. Also what would be a good coax for a ten to 15 m run into my room? And what are the fittings needed for the suggested coax ( types and names please)?
Sorry I know its more questions but I need the best advice as this is going to cost a fair bit as I'm sure you all understand!!!

Regards

Adam.
Landy204

Re: Antennae for AOR AR DV-1

Postby G4RMT » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Andy will recommend a white stick - usually a Diamond UHF/VHF dual bander which he finds covers pretty well in most bands scanner users like to monitor, and I prefer a discone if your interests are in the aircraft band. Truth is both are very similar in overall performance, but you do get a bit of gain around the 130-160 and 430-460MHz areas with the white stick. My feeling is that white sticks are not as good as the discone in the Military Air band either side of the 300MHz mark. My preference for discones doesn't really include the ones with a centre vertical - just a plain old fashioned one.

If you have deep pockets - Have a look at this antenna - G-CXL 225-450C - it's a military spec wideband that covers 225-450MHz, and has low enough VSWR to transmit anywhere in that band - and the gain is pretty similar across the band at unity, with only a slight dip at 390MHz ish. £200 as an import from Germany.

Lots of interesting commercial stuff http://procom.dk/products/561-g-cxl-225-450c
G4RMT

Postby Landy204 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Thankyou for the reply. I see what you mean about deep pockets for those antennae!!!! Looks like seriously good kit though. Should be at that price. White stick sounds like my best option so far then, being that there is not a lot to choose between that and a discone. As I said the in my opening post, the more neighbour friendly the better and also the less attention drawn to myself the better.
Thanks.
Landy204

Postby theparrotman999 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:45 pm

:wave: I use both with a Diamond SS500 splitter/combiner & Jim -75 on my AOR - ARDV1 & Get very good signal's from most thing's that I here a round here in kent .
theparrotman999

Return to DMR & Digital Modes