newbie uniden ubc125xlt help pls

Talk about radio and non radio stuff in here, a place for Genral Chit Chat

Re: newbie uniden ubc125xlt help pls

Postby Scan125 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:53 pm

garny68 wrote:cheers for that fella, anyone able to advise on the usb cable?

If you bought your scanner new then there should have been a USB cable in the box along with the charger unit which uses the same cable.

Any standard USB to Mini USB Type B connector cable will work both for charging the 125XLT and for controlling the scanner.

I don't have any issues with the supplied USB cable either for charging or for controlling the scanner.

A point to note that a PC USB or charger unit USB will not recharge the scanner whilst the scanner is turned on. I believe this is a scanner restriction in that it won't charge whilst turned on and only charges whilst turned off.
Scan125

Postby garny68 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:56 pm

thanks for that nick and also for your software
garny68

Postby Minus1 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:43 pm

USB is a standard. There's nothing special for a scanner.

You'll find a right-angled connector very useful as it stops the cable sticking out at an absurd angle.
Various angles are available depending on how you use your scanner, e.g. http://www.cables2u.co.uk/mini-cable-ri ... -1345.html

Rechargeable batteries will last longer if you don't recharge them until they are empty, so I always use a separate charger.
If you constantly recharge them, you'll render them useless within 12 months.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby RealSting » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:11 am

I have no problem recharging my Annsman 2850 Ni-MH batteries from the scanner. Takes about as much time as it does from a wall charger though the wall charger will indicate when they are fully charged - the 125 doesn’t, or at least mine doesn’t - just says charging all the time!

In my experience Ni-MH batteries don’t behave the same as lithium’s. Ni-MH should be fully discharged before a recharge to maximise life expectancy. However as mentioned, the XLT 125 lacks the all important battery power level.. using the SCAN125 program is the only way I can see to know how much battery power is available. Not great when you’re out and about!

Off topic but relevant to 125 - whats the little number(eg. 2.62) in the top right of the screen in any search mode when altering the volume?
RealSting

Postby Scan125 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:54 pm

RealSting wrote:Off topic but relevant to 125 - whats the little number(eg. 2.62) in the top right of the screen in any search mode when altering the volume?

That is actually the battery voltage and what Scan125 reads and displays :mrgreeny:
Scan125

Postby RealSting » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Scan125 wrote:
RealSting wrote:Off topic but relevant to 125 - whats the little number(eg. 2.62) in the top right of the screen in any search mode when altering the volume?

That is actually the battery voltage and what Scan125 reads and displays :mrgreeny:

thanks.
RealSting

Previous

Return to General Discussion