Aberhonddu

Find and post all your Welsh Frequencies Here

Aberhonddu

Postby A N Tenner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 am

I go to Brecon half a dozen times a year (hill walking on the Beacons, gorgeous place).

Does anyone know of any good local freq's in the area for my next trip in March? there's the obvious mountain rescue but also I have noticed a few of those people of the "black tape over the eyes in their pictures" persuasion running SF experience events (for paying civilians) up on Corn Du, Pen Y Fan etc with what appear to be VHF. Has anyone any thoughts?
A N Tenner

Re: Aberhonddu

Postby Minus1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Somewhere in one of the sections of the Frequency Allocation Table that says "UK 2.1" - which basically means Military.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... t-2017.pdf
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby A N Tenner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Minus1 wrote:Somewhere in one of the sections of the Frequency Allocation Table that says "UK 2.1" - which basically means Military.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... t-2017.pdf

Do you think they'll all be Mil band up there Minus? unwelcome news!!
A N Tenner

Postby Minus1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Depends on whether they are doing it with military backing, or whether it is an entirely civilian operation.

The Red Cross and St John Ambulance did use 153.7125 NFM which is a military frequency; although I've not heard anything for a while.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby A N Tenner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Minus1 wrote:Depends on whether they are doing it with military backing, or whether it is an entirely civilian operation.

The Red Cross and St John Ambulance did use 153.7125 NFM which is a military frequency; although I've not heard anything for a while.

The ones I've seen up there have been civvie "experience" marches, run by ex-Sneaky types to fee-paying patrons, so I would assume standard VHF. I'm still asleep in the hotel the sort of time of day they do the real thing! :laughs:

Just with the height of the features i'd expect some interesting listening up there, I will find out I suppose.
A N Tenner

Return to Wales Scanner Frequencies