ATC transmitter sites in Ireland?

Find and post all your Irish Frequencies Here

ATC transmitter sites in Ireland?

Postby Minus1 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:38 am

Anyone know where the VHF ATC transmitter sites are in Ireland?
I'd like to be able to enter their locations so I scan the relevant ones, when I happen to be on the west coast of the UK.
A 125 mile circle (range limit on some Uniden scanners) around Wicklow Head includes most of Wales.
and a 125 mile around Malin Head reaches into Glasgow, and includes Stranraer and Oban.

The only one I've been able to find so far is the Shanwick HF site at Ballygirreen in Co Clare (site entrance at 52.782 N 8.9274W).

There is a radome near Malin Head (55.356N 7.2765W), but not sure if that is for aircraft or ships.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Re: ATC transmitter sites in Ireland?

Postby Minus1 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Doing some more digging myself, the wikipedia article on the IAA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Aviation_Authority
features a photo of their radome on Mount Gabriel in Co Cork.
This led to me to their site which also mentions MSSR at Woodcock Hill near Limerick, Dooncarton in Co Mayo, two at Dublin, and one at Shannon.

Several UK ATC sites have a radome and ATC transmitters co-sited, so that may be the case in Ireland too.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Return to Ireland Scanner Frequencies