PDW Filters...

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

PDW Filters...

Postby merlin100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:46 am

I'm starting to get my head around the filters in the PDW Pager decoder software, but still have some problems.

I don't have how to stop group messages showing up in large batches, I'd rather just show one message rather than multiples of the same message being sent to multiple addresses. This mainly affects POCSAG.

Has anyone any ideas? I've tried 'block multiple messages' in the options, but that doesn't seem to work for me.
merlin100

Re: PDW Filters...

Postby rozbiff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 pm

In the general options there is a setting to imit duplicate messages. The deafult is to match address as well as the message but it can be changed to 'message only'. That will stop duplicates but for initial setting up of your filter file it is better to allow duplicates. You can use the filter file to reject messages as well as accept/labe/play sound/ etc.
rozbiff

Postby merlin100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:24 pm

I already tried that, but with no joy. I think the fact that the timestamp is slightly different for each message and is part of the message, causes it to bypass that part of the filtering system.
merlin100

Postby rozbiff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm

So add the addresses to the filter file and reject them?
rozbiff

Postby merlin100 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 pm

rozbiff wrote:So add the addresses to the filter file and reject them?

That's an awful lot of copying and pasting! :huh:
merlin100

Postby rozbiff » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 pm

merlin100 wrote:That's an awful lot of copying and pasting

On the other hand, you can could modify the original source code to add other ways to filter the output.

Or even post process the logs in other sotware, live or otherwise.

Perhaps even look at using some of the very nice open source linux pager decoding software instead of PDW

Various options, all require some effort...only you can decide whether any effort is worthwhile to you.
rozbiff

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat