Validity of Trunk System data for Greater London

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Validity of Trunk System data for Greater London

Postby mciupa » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Hello, I am a new user from Canada. I use the RadioReference database for my scanners. I see that there has been a glut of new systems added to London since last summer.

Have all of these digital modes DMR, NXDN come into use or are in use now?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/ ... ort=county

I have suspicions that these are bogus.

I am hoping that local citizens may be able to help as the forum participation for UK on RadioReference forum is minimal.

Thank you!
mciupa

Re: Validity of Trunk System data for Greater London

Postby rozbiff » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Perhaps people in the UK would rather use a UK-centric bulletin board instead of lining the pocket of the owner of a US one?

Once upon a time the UK section of radioreference had a UK-based moderator...now it would appear that is no longer the case?

You won't find talkgroup info on this bulletin board (from other posts it is against the rules - not that I have found those - and causes fitting).

You can purchase this bulletin board owners database. As a database admin and moderator on radioreference you may be able to reclaim the cost from Lindsay? It's probably easier than trying to 'search' for the systems within the posts on here as the search function has never worked.
rozbiff

Postby mciupa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Thank you for the reply. I am not concerned about talkgroups or purchasing a database.

I was wondering if any hobbyist in London has used even perhaps a RTL-SDR dongle on any of those frequencies listed on RadioReference to note any activity.

I have a hunch the data listed in Radioreference has never been verified and should not appear in it's database. The submitter has merely mined a list such as the one suggested I purchase and fabricated the talkgroups to feign authenticity.

If anyone else cares to respond, Private Messages would also be appreciated, if preferred.

Thank you.
mciupa

Postby Metradio » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:45 pm

I think most, if not all, were valid when they were updated, but most are now out of date with users changing mode and some changing frequency/band as well..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby rozbiff » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:18 am

I don't think I suggested you buy it merely that you could do so. It would be a way to check the information that you don't believe is accurate.

From a historical point of view there is some interesting stuff in the radioreference website database but as Metradio says, much has changed.

I am still a little confused as to why people from the UK would want to use a US website when there are more local ones.

Perhaps if you put the details you think are bogus into a post on here you'd get a better response than your vague one which missed out significant details about the reason for your request.

As it stands your request comes across (to me) as an attempt to mine information here for a commercial site in the US. Also as touting for business for said commercial site. Maybe I'm just very cynical ...after all, it's normally Mike Agner that posts links to it all over every radio-related website he can find not you ;-)
rozbiff

Postby mciupa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:00 am

I am trying to find proof that a submitter has been flooding the database at RadioReference.com with false information. I am not looking to copy anything, only to remove inaccurate information. I would hate that the site become a "Garbage In-Garbage Out" repository.

I thank you for your opinions. As a Moderator on RR, I tend to let any insinuations of my character slide and don't engage in anything personal. I will patiently wait until a resolution is forthcoming.
mciupa

Postby Metradio » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:53 am

Any site that accepts frequency submissions from users has to put up with made up or inflated listings..

Mike
Metradio

Postby mciupa » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Our UK Database Administrator for Radioreference has advised that these are not valid and on top of that, do not fit with the UK band plan.

I have my answer now.

Cheers :wave:
mciupa

Postby Forum Helper » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Not really sure what you are looking for?

Not many entries for the UK on your link, some on an initial check are valid, a lot are very clearly wrong. It would help if you specified which frequencies you were unsure of rather than just a link to a list.

If you want to moderate your list of UK frequencies then you have to do a little work, for example London buses are the biggest trunked users in London, and just a few posts down from this there is a thread saying about the recent switch of London buses from MPT to digital. You need to do some work, if not and you want all UK frequencies on a plate then I would say as mentioned above, get the UK Scanning Directory https://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Forum Helper

Postby Metradio » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:53 am

Forum Helper I think you have the wrong end of the stick.. The O/P question was answered..

Mike
Metradio

Return to English Frequencies by Area