AOR DV10, now debugged?

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

AOR DV10, now debugged?

Postby MartC » Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 pm

I’ve looked at these units since launch and like a few others, was put off by all the negative reviews about frequency drift and buggy firmware. Won’t go into all that now as I’m sure we all know those issues and the negativity never seemed to be corrected.

My question is, have AOR addressed most of the problems now? Anyone on here using one with the latest firmware?

The recent Tetra update got my interest again and I’ve searched high and low on the net for up to date usage info, but nothing. Might have a look at one tomorrow as I’ve still not even handled one yet.
MartC

Re: AOR DV10, now debugged?

Postby MartC » Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Joined the DV10 group on Facebook today so have been reading through numerous posts to try and ascertain if the radios are now stable. Still bit of a mixed bag of reports coming in with some saying their units a mostly functioning ok and others in a world of pain, chasing firmware updates.

Nothing conclusive enough to give me 100% confidence yet...
MartC

Postby mickydt » Sat May 18, 2019 11:48 am

i purchased one and it got returned very fast. when i got it there was an issue with charging but when it got charged when i loaded all my stuff on it in scan the battery icon was going up and down like a crazy yo yo and the signals were all over the place then i kept seeing a err message, the unit also became very hot.

it turns out the there is a issue with hardware but aor have tried to resolve it with firmware updates which to be honest would not resolve anything, it is like trying to load software on to a broken computer just doesn't work.

i would wait a while to see if aor correct the situation, in the mean time don't let these companies try to pull the wool over your eyes with saying it has the latest firmware this is just total crap to a more serious issue with the dv10.

if any look at the dv1 if you want tetra but remember you won't get police, ambulance or fire as they are encrypted.
supporting those with sickness and disabilities https://socialhub.forumotion.co.uk/
mickydt

Postby MartC » Sat May 18, 2019 5:12 pm

I think you’ve just further reinforced what I’ve been reading on the Facebook group. That seems to be the best forum for info on the DV10. Nothing new searching the net.

It’s a real shame. Had a quick play with one today and it feels well built. Can’t say the menu system felt intuitive, but time would cure that. As for the issues you mention, you’re certainly not alone saying there are hardware issues that cannot be properly resolved. Again a shame.

Frequency drift aside, the regular corruption issues/data loss would drive me nuts!

For now, I’m super happy with my new purchase - Icom IC-R30 :mrcool:
MartC

Postby sinclairuser » Mon May 20, 2019 5:51 pm

hi good choice on the icom, i feel the silence and stonewalling will sadly damage aor, faffing around with firmware for what is a known diagnosed hardware fault is really bad form, and not something you expect from a manufacturer of that price point and caliber.
the fact that governmental and military services use their devices should have focused the minds over at aor, the problems seen by DV10 users and the failure to resolve them must be hurting the bottom line, issues like those seen by users and failure to resolve them promptly and permanently can make contracts dry up over night.
sinclairuser

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat