no 139mhz Electricity, & National trunked DMR Freq ?

Find all National Usage Frequencies in here used all over The UK

no 139mhz Electricity, & National trunked DMR Freq ?

Postby Hax » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:11 pm

I've been listening to the Electricity board since the 1980s, i discovere (by accident) that if quickly interrupted the 12v DC to my 2m multimode rig (Icom IC 260E) the VFO escaped from it's handcuffs and tuned about 140 - 150mhz, and with a great rig & rotating 8 XY Yagi up high i certainly spent as much time out of the Amateur bands than i did inside on 2m SSB. I feel old.

The reason i mention this, apart from the lovely and fascinating (and a bit creepy) MOULD hilltop sites i regularly heard, one other thing wqas the Electricity board. On 138.690 (ish) FM there (was what sounded like a trunked) repeater system, with working telephone interconnect to POTS and synthesized voice interaction. A cool and fascinating system to be sure, but of course, that's long gone.

I've a friend in an 'interesting' position who tells me the electric co. are still there, and i see mention of it on here too.
but for a couple of years now, searching between like 138 and 143 Mhz reveals only data. I was told it was Tait gear they use.
I've not heard a voice in that bit for over a decade. Can anyone confirm whether there are *any* voice comms around there please ?

Also, another friend, a commercial radio Guy mentioned a UK Wide trunked DMR network,
did this ever come off ? and if so, does anyone hear any voice comms on whatever freqs ?

I'd be fascinated to hear any replies.
Thanx
{P25 / Astro25 / VSELP / TETRA / DMR / HF SSB}
Hax

Re: no 139mhz Electricity, & National trunked DMR Freq ?

Postby rozbiff » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Hax wrote:........On 138.690 (ish) FM there (was what sounded like a trunked) repeater system, with working telephone interconnect to POTS and synthesized voice interaction. A cool and fascinating system to be sure, but of course, that's long gone.

I've a friend in an 'interesting' position who tells me the electric co. are still there, and i see mention of it on here too.
but for a couple of years now, searching between like 138 and 143 Mhz reveals only data. I was told it was Tait gear they use.
I've not heard a voice in that bit for over a decade. Can anyone confirm whether there are *any* voice comms around there please ?

Also, another friend, a commercial radio Guy mentioned a UK Wide trunked DMR network,
did this ever come off ? and if so, does anyone hear any voice comms on whatever freqs ?

mmmmmm
The JRC band is still used by Utilities in some areas (not Londinium where the split cells were handed over for use by TfL).
The rather odd cell based system was similar to MPT1327 trunking but as is normal for JRC they modify the various standards ;)

76 channels from J22 139.51875/148.1875 to J99 (initially only to J87 in Scotland) with 12.5kHz spacing. Clusters of 9 cells but these split in some busier areas so overlaid with smaller cells. Most voice calls seemed to be phone patches.

Same channelisation though the system has been upgraded. There are still voice calls but pretty rare except out in the sticks I suspect.

Nationwide DMR...possibly referring to the system that Western Power use and which has been slowly moving North?
rozbiff

Postby Metradio » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm

London Bus DMR network in the clear using Tait radio kit..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby Hax » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:25 pm

Thanks Guys, the only clear voice i heard in the 139/140 band in the last few years was an extremely weak FM repeater, it was so weak it was unintelligble.
Never hear anything much traffic *out* of the 'normal' PMR / scanner bands - namely 148 - 174 mhz - and 440 - 470mhz - the only major exception is Blackpool trams
about 30 miles away & some other trunked stuff that is still lingering around 180mhz, also we have local highway gritters around 87mhz FM but that's it.

Last year i was down in London (my original home) but i only took an analogue scanner, but i should have took a TRX-1 in retrospect. I'll know next time.
though i rarely hear a signal in the JRC channels up here, on the Lancashire coast, it's pretty boring for radio scanning, low traffic, glad to be moving back down south soon.

I was speaking with a Motorola dealer a few years back now, and he was telling me about a scheme to cover the UK with a national DMR network,
plenty of DMR about, hard to tell whether it's national though, i was wondering if this network ever came to fruition..
{P25 / Astro25 / VSELP / TETRA / DMR / HF SSB}
Hax

Return to Nationwide UK Scanner Frequencies